Parables of Jesus in Chronological Order
1. New Cloth on an Old Coat. A parable about Salvation. (Matthew 9:16, Mark 2:21, Luke 5:36).
2. New Wine in Old Wineskins. A parable about Salvation. (Matthew 9:17, Mark 2:22, Luke 5:37).
3. Lamp on a Stand. A parable about Truth and Light. (Matthew 5:14, Mark 4:21-22, Luke 8:16, Luke 11:33).
4. Wise and Foolish Builders. A parable about God’s will. (Matthew 7:24-27).
5. Moneylender Forgives Unequal Debts. A parable about God’s Forgiveness. (Luke 7:41-43).
6. The Rich Fool. A parable warning putting material things above God (Luke 12:16-21).
7. The Watchful Servant. A parable about focusing on Christ’s coming! (Luke 12:35-40, Mark 13:35-37).
8. The Faithful Servant. A parable about being a faithful servant. (Luke 12:42-48, Matthew 24:45-51).
9. Unfruitful Fig Tree. A parable about being fruitful (Luke 13:6-9).
10. Sower and Four Types of Soil. A parable about bearing fruit or not!. (Matthew 13:3-8, Mark 4:3-8, Luke 8:5-8).
11. Wheat and Tares (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable about End-Time Judgment! (Matthew 13:24-30).
12. Growing Seed (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable describing how we should know the word of God! (Mark 4:26-29).
13. Mustard Seed (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable describing the growth of The Kingdom of Heaven! (Matthew 13:31-32, Mark 4:30-32, Luke 13:18-19).
14. Yeast (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable describing the Kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 13:33).
15. Hidden Treasure (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable describing joy and commitment! (Matthew 13:44).
16. Valuable Pearl (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable describing a persons value of the Kingdom of Heaven! (Matthew 13:45-46).
17. Fishing Net (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable about End-Time Judgment! (Matthew 13:47).
18. Owner of a House (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable about the Kingdom of Heaven! (Matthew 13:52).
19. Lost Sheep. A parable describing how God’s outlook about the lost and their redemption (Matthew 18:12-13, Luke 15:4-7).
20. The Good Shepherd. A parable that describes Jesus as the Savior and Good Shepherd (John 10:1-18).
21. Master and His Servant. A parable about God and Relationships. Luke 17:7-10
22. Unmerciful Servant (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable teaching us to forgive others as God forgives us (Matthew 18:23-34).
23. Good Samaritan. A parable describing how God expects us to help anyone that is in need! (Luke 10:30-37).
24. Friend in Need. A parable about being bold before God for a friend (Luke 11:5-8).
25. Lowest Seat at the Feast. A parable about being humble, selfless, and giving while avoiding pride at all costs (Luke 14:7-14).
26. Invitation to a Great Banquet. A parable about God rejecting those who do not appreciate Him and seeking those that do appreciate Him! (Luke 14:16-24).
27. Cost of Discipleship. A parable about understanding the cost of discipleship! (Luke 14:28-33).
28. Lost Coin. A parable about the joy of God in a Lost Sinner Repenting and Being Found in God (Luke 15:8-10).
29. Prodigal Son. A parable about a sinner’s life that leads to repentance, the Father’s love of the sinner, the Father’s joy in the sinner’s repentance, and the brother who is too selfish to see the truth! (Luke 15:11). 30. The Unjust Steward. A parable about being right with God takes more than being wise and being blameless (Luke 16:1-8).
31. Rich Man and Lazarus. A story warning us that the spiritual decisions we make will determine how and where we spend eternity (Luke 16:19-31).
32. Workers in the Vineyard (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable about rewards to come! (Matthew 20:1-16).
33. Persistent Widow and Crooked Judge. A parable showing the justice of God! (Luke 18:2-8).
34. Pharisee and Tax Collector. A parable about how wrong it is to trust in ourselves for righteousness and despising others (Luke 18:10-14).
35. The Ruler Gives Charge to His Servants. A parable about having diligence over what God has given us until Jesus’ coming! (Luke 19:12-27, Matthew 25:14-30 – The Talents).
36. Two Sons. A parable about two different types of sinners! (Matthew 21:28-32).
37. Wicked Tenants. A parable about the responsibility of advancing the Kingdom of God or being wicked! (Matthew 21:33-44, Mark 12:1-11, Luke 20:9-18).
38. Invitation to a Wedding Banquet. A parable about being called and/or chosen! (Matthew 22:2-14).
39. Signs of the Future from a Fig Tree. A parable about the nearness of Christ’s coming! (Matthew 24:32-35, Mark 13:28-29, Luke 21:29-31).
40. Wise and Foolish Virgins (Kingdom of Heaven). A parable about the diligence we must have in waiting for the return of Christ (Matthew 25:1-13).
41. Sheep and Goats will be Separated. A parable about the coming of the two judgments, one for the Wicked and one for the Righteous! (Matthew 25:31-46).