Part 29 Is Hell a Real Place?
- Everlasting punishment. Matthew 25:46 “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” [KJV]
- Everlasting fire. Matthew 25:41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” [KJV]
- Everlasting burnings. Isaiah 33:14 “The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?” [KJV]
- A furnace of fire. Matthew 13:42 “And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” [KJV]
- A lake of fire. 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” [KJV
- Fire and brimstone. 14:10 “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:” [KJV]
- Unquenchable fire. Matthew 3:12 “Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” [KJV]
- Devouring fire. Isaiah 33:14 “The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?” [KJV]
- Outer Darkness. Matthew 22:13 “Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” [KJV] Matthew 25:30 “And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” [KJV]
- Prepared for the devil. Matthew 25:41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” [KJV]
- Devils are confined in Hell, until the judgment day. 2 Peter 2:4 “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;” [KJV] Jude 1:6 “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.” [KJV]
- Punishment is eternal. Rev. 20:10 “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” [KJV] (Also Isaiah 33:14).
- The wicked- Psalm 9:17 “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” [KJV]
- Human power- No! Ezekiel 32:27 “And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.” [KJV]
- The body suffers. Matthew 5:29 “And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” [KJV]
- The soul suffers. Matthew 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” [KJV]
- The wise avoid. Proverbs 15:24 “The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.” [KJV]
- Try to keep others from Hell. Proverbs 23:14
“Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. [KJV] Physical discipline may well save someone from Hell.” Jude 1:23 “And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.” [KJV] Others may be rescued by snatching them from the flames of judgment, while others you may need to show mercy, being very careful that you aren’t contaminated by their sins.
- The lifestyle of the wicked leads to Hell- Proverbs 5:5
“Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell. [KJV] Her/his wicked lifestyle leads to death; her/his steps lead straight to Hell.” Proverbs 9:18
“But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.” [KJV] People don’t realize how many are now in temporary Hades awaiting judgment that shall send them to eternal Hell.
- The beast, false prophet, and the devil shall be cast into Hell. 19:20 “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” [KJV] Rev. 20:10 “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” [KJV]
- Isaiah 30:33 “For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the Lord, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.” [KJV]